- Copy of your resume
- 2 – 3 writing samples (blog posts, newspaper articles, social media posts or a link to your portfolio)
CauseForce, LLC provides complete turnkey fundraising programs and mega-event services to charitable organizations. In the past 15 years, CauseForce programs have delivered nearly $1 billion to our non-profit foundation clients located in Canada, Australia, and the United States. CauseForce creates programs and events that make a difference in the lives of participants as well as delivering awareness, donors, and dollars to charitable partners across the globe.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hands-on involvement to ensure execution of proactive and reactive media relations campaigns, across Canada.
- Pitch and land top media coverage, highlighting on event season, showcasing resourceful relationships with media outlets and contacts
- Coordinate interview details down to messaging and logistics, with participant and client
- Working alongside Marketing Paid Media department and local media partners to execute provided opportunities
- Active client and sponsorship management, drafting key messaging, dollars at work, speaking points and scripting
- Write and issue communication documents for each campaign such as media pitches, fact sheets, media alerts, media releases, question & answer documents
- Source compelling participant stories, working closely with sales department to recruit stories and gain participant commitment to write content for media, marketing and social platforms
- Crisis communications, executing on-event plans and expectations to be alert and reactive year round
- Complete full wrap reports with all results for circulation to clients
- Daily media monitoring with use of Critical Mention, MRP, and Google Alerts, to ensure organized plans and reports are managed around impressions and hits for internal and external expectations
- Management of all Press attendance on event including scheduling of interviews with participants and clients.
- Responsible for on-event ceremony scripting, drafting speeches for VIPs and story collection, working in collaboration with the Ceremony Producer
- Manage all facebook live at events during the year and on-event alongside any other social media aggregators/sharing platforms
- Developing Social Media Strategy in collaboration with the wider Marketing team to ensure successful campaign implementation.
- Community Management of all event-related social media sites including branding, campaign messaging, localized content posts
- Daily responsibility to manage event and CauseForce social media pages, highlighting grassroots posts and managing comments, monitoring and answering all questions on event social media sites.
- Providing social media assets and content to beneficiaries, partners and sponsors.
- Briefing in all social media assets to the CauseForce design team and ensure creation of accurate and effective social materials.
- Manage Paid boosted post budgets for Facebook Campaigns.
- Provide reporting on community engagement on FB posts for each campaign and quarterly.
- Work with local teams and clients to identify participant stories and patient stories to be used in media relations, digital marketing campaigns.
- Work with participants to provide media training and support as needed
- Responsible for liaising with beneficiary to ensure up to date dollars at work and use of funds information is provide to CF Sales and Marketing teams.
- 4-Year college degree in Communications/PR or equivalent is required with 4+ years experience in agency or business setting
- Strong English speaking and writing skills.
- Proven skills in pitching and landing stories for unpaid media coverage
- Knowledge of broader marketing fundamentals, especially direct marketing, digital and social media
- Understanding communication strategies such as talking points, tone, and brand voice
- Ability to work until the job is done (“Can-Do” attitude beyond 9am – 5pm), and flexibility to always be available given the nature of PR
- Exceptional personal and listening skills
- Solid understanding of project management
- Highly organized and ability to keep things simple and repeatable
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at a time
- Ability to travel – Must have a valid passport or ability to obtain one
- Holds a driving license but a car is not required
We are located right on Richmond W and Spadina Avenue.
We offer excellent compensation, benefits package, health and dental coverage, casual work environment, and more.
The work that you will do enables CauseForce to raise substantial funds for worthwhile causes, and ultimately helps thousands of people in need. We invite you to be part of our tight community, passion and pride in the work we do.
Please attach your resume (in a Word or PDF document) and 2-3 writing samples, as part of your application, only if you meet all the above mentioned qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Social Media Marketing: 4 years (Required)
- pitching and landing stories for unpaid Media Coverage: 2 years (Preferred)
- Public Relations: 4 years (Required)
- Press Release: 2 years (Preferred)
- Digital Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (strong verbal and writing skills) (Required)