Address: Suite 120, 707- 7th Avenue Calgary, AB T2P 3H6
CauseForce, LLC provides complete turnkey fundraising programs and mega-event services to charitable organizations. In the past 15 years, CauseForce programs have delivered nearly $1 billion to our non-profit foundation clients located in Canada, Australia, and the United States. CauseForce creates programs and events that make a difference in the lives of participants as well as delivering awareness, donors, and dollars to charitable partners across the globe.
The Community Engagement Specialist will report to the Sales and Fundraising Manager and will be a key member of the Fundraising Sales team for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. This position will recruit participants for our events and help them reach and surpass their fundraising goals. This role will also contribute to the overall registration and revenue goals set by the client and CauseForce. The Community Engagement Specialist recruits community teams and individual participants, as well as helping these registrants succeed in meeting all fundraising and training goals.
The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to make a significant impact on people’s lives by raising funds through individuals and community teams, supporting our non-profit clients who provide world-class treatment, research, care, support and education to communities. This position will provide the opportunity to work closely with some of the most highly regarded charities and foundations in the world, in a fun, fast-paced and highly rewarding environment. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and actively recruit participants, individual and teams, via the phone, in person meetings, attending expos and client functions
- Organize and lead event orientation sessions to foster recruitment and fundraising
- Present event information to large groups and organizations
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience for all participants, donors and volunteers
- Set up fundraising plans with participants to ensure they meet their fundraising targets
- Build and develop collaborative customer relationships to identify issues, assess needs and provide solutions
- Serve as event staff during event season (only in August)
- Develop positive and collaborative working relationships with local and national staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience
- Experience working within a call centre or inside sales role or environment a plus
- Experience generating leads from “cold” calls
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- University/college education and/or related job experience a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Call Centre: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Calgary (Preferred)